Ads Here

Thursday, March 31, 2022

THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2022 DEVOTION

THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2022


TEXT: Psalm 86:1-7


1. Bow down Your ear, O LORD, hear me;

For I am poor and needy.


2. Preserve my life, for I am holy;

You are my God;

Save Your servant who trusts in You!


3. Be merciful to me, O Lord,

For I cry to You all day long.


4. Rejoice the soul of Your servant,

For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.


5. For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,

And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.


6. Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer;

And attend to the voice of my supplications.


7. In the day of my trouble I will call upon You,

For You will answer me.


(New King James Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: A CRY FOR MERCY


We are ending the month with the narrative of David on what he desires from God. David acknowledged his poverty and needs even though a reputable king of Israel. He desires God to guard his life in his devotion to him.


David acknowledges that God was the one who chose him as such, he wishes to put his trust in Him. He pleaded for mercy as he calls on the Lord all day long.


He desires joy from God having being a forgiving and a good Lord. He pleaded to God to listen to his cry whenever he is in trouble because he will never stop calling on Him.


He ends the verse with assurance that the Lord will answer his petitions.


QUESTION: What minister most to you in today’s passage?


PRAYER: Father, I understand through the life of David that those who totally surrender to you have a certain believing faith that is unique. Wire me towards such a faith, Amen.


 

Remain Blessed                                 

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment