Ads Here

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30, 2022 DEVOTION

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30, 2022


TEXT: John 21:15-25


15. When they has finished breakfast, Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?”

Peter told him, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus told him, “Feed my lambs.”


16. Then he asked him the second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?”

Peter told him, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus told him, “Take care of my sheep.”


17. He asked him a third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was deeply hurt that he had asked him a third time, “Do you love me?” So he told him, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you!”

Jesus told him, “Feed my sheep.


18. “Truly, I tell you emphatically, when you were young, you would fasten your belt and go wherever you like. But when you get old, you stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten your belt and take you where you don’t want to go.”


19. Now he said this to show by what kind of death he would glorify God.

After saying this, Jesus told him, “Keep following me.”


20. Peter turned around and noticed the disciple whom Jesus kept loving following them. He was the one who had put his head on Jesus’ chest at the supper and had asked, “Lord, who is the one who is going to betray you?”


21. When Peter saw him, he said, “Lord, what about him?”


22. Jesus told him, “If it’s my will for him to remain until I come back, how does that concern you? You must keep following me!”


23. So the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple wasn’t going to die. Yet Jesus didn’t say to Peter that he wasn’t going to die, but, “If it’s my will for him to remain until I come back, how does that concern you?”


24. This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and has written them down. We know that his testimony is true.


25. Of course, Jesus also did many other things, and I suppose that if every one of them were written down, the world couldn’t contain the books that would be written.


(International Standard Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: HIS TESTIMONY IS TRUE


Usually it is a witness that testifies to the truth spoken by a speaker. In today’s passage, Jesus took time to prepare Peter to sit up in his responsibilities of fishing souls of men instead of catching fish.


The encouragement touched his dead as well. No wonder, history said Peter ended up dying like His master; a crucified death but with his head down and legs up. Peter turned and was concern of John in their dialogue but Jesus was particular about Peter.


Verses 24, 25 clearly states that this John that witnessed the conservation between Jesus and Peter was the one who wrote what he saw as a testimony. Eye witnesses further confirmed that what John wrote was true. Believers, we are privileged to have the best partial but all we need to know concerning an account of our faith in Christ.


QUESTION: Looking at the testimony of the gospel, what should that inform you about your faith in Christ?


PRAYER: Father, thank you for revealing all that I need for my salvation. Give me a believing heart in You all the time, Amen.


 

Remain Blessed                                 

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment