Ads Here

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Holy Sunday Daily Manna

SUNDAY, 12 FEBRUARY 2023


TEXT: Psalm 23:5-6


5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.


6. Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD as long as I live.


(Holmans CS Holy Bible)


TOPIC: OCCUPYING IN THE CAMP OF YOUR ENEMIES


Modern day gospel places so much emphasis on dealing with enemies that it appears as if the one who is in us is not greater than the one who is in the world (1 John 4:4).


There is so much fear about the harm Satan and his demons can do to believers that there is hardly a gathering that “casting” and ”binding” is not done! Out of fear and ignorance, Bible passages are often quoted out of context to allay fears that should not exist in the first place.


In our passage for today, taken from Psalm 23, David, who was confronted by enemies, both animal and human, expressed a confidence that is unfathomable. God prepares a table before him in the presence of his enemies! You ask, “How can this be?” Well, the battle is not ours; it is the Lord’s. He fights unseen battles on our behalf daily! He also ensures victory for us, lest we begin to assume that it is our “castings” and “bindings” that secure us.


So, David basks in the atmosphere of God’s defense and tranquility. Leave the camp of the timid and come into the camp of the victorious. After all, God has given you a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV).


QUESTION: What do you fear? Who do you fear? Which God do you serve?


PRAYER: Embolden me. Open my eyes to see that He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. Amen.



                    

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment