Ads Here

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Mystical Mornings: Daily Devotions for Mystical Insights

THURSDAY, 7 MARCH 2024

 

TEXT: Psalm 23:1-6

 

1: The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

 

2: He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

 

3: he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

 

4: Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

 

5: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

 

6: Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

 

(New International Version Holy Bible)

 

TOPIC: THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

 

Let us forget the Fulani herdsman's wickedness to farmers and focus on the fact that they are willing to die for their herds. They can even trade their lives for those of their animals.

 

David, himself a shepherd, uses the comforting imagery of a pastoral scene, with the Lord as the Shepherd of His people. This soothing metaphor of a Divine Shepherd who cares for His people, both individually and collectively, portrays Jesus as our great and caring shepherd who died so that we might live.

 

In John 10:11, 14, Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. I am the good shepherd I know my sheep and my sheep know me" Jesus affirms that if you are His sheep, you will know Him, you can identify His voice and you will never follow a stranger.

 

QUESTION: Whose sheep are you?

 

PRAYER: Give me the courage, O Lord, to run away from hirelings who present themselves as shepherds of Your people, in Jesus name. Amen.

Remain Blessed      

ECWA Food For The Day, 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment