Ads Here

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Together With The Father Daily Manna

SATURDAY, 12 AUGUST 2023


TEXT: John 16:16-24

 

16: Jesus went on to say, “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.”

 

17: At this, some of his disciples said to one another, “What does he mean by saying, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,’ and ‘Because I am going to the Father’?”

 

18: They kept asking, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’? We don’t understand what he is saying.”

 

19: Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, “Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me’?

 

20: Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

 

21: A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

 

22: So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

 

23: In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

 

24: Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

 

(New International Version Holy Bible)

 

TOPIC: ASSURANCE OF GOD’S PRESENCE


Christians will continue to live with different challenges as they seek to serve God and journey towards eternity.

 

Because Jesus is aware of this, He makes His disciples understand that life will be full of tears, pain and unpleasant experiences. But these will only last for a short time as He will finally give them succor.

 

Jesus gave and still gives this assurance to everyone that has a relationship with Him. One of the ways through which we can feel His presence is to develop an attitude of prayer as He has given us the assurance that He will always answer the prayers of His children.

 

We should continue to trust God through prayers as well as grace to live for Him under the power of the Holy Spirit.

 

QUESTION: How do you utilize the provisions made by Jesus for answered prayers?

 

PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to make the most of the opportunity You have given me to speak with You through prayers. Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment