Ads Here

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Feed Me Lord With Your Word Daily Devotions

THURSDAY, 10 AUGUST 2023


TEXT: John 15:26-16:4A


26: “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

 

27: And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

 

1: “All this I have told you so that you will not fall away.

 

2: They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.

 

3: They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.

 

4A: I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them.

 

(New International Version Holy Bible)

 

TOPIC: MINISTRY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (I)


The life of commitment to Christ faces strong opposition from the kingdom of darkness. Because Jesus knew this, He wanted His disciples and Christians generally to understand the implication of their commitment.

 

But he also proceeded to reveal His provisions for them in the midst of these challenges. He promised to come in another way (through the Holy Spirit) to do more ministry for and through them.

 

In today's passage, the Spirit of God is referred to as the advocate, He is also called the Spirit of Truth.

 

His ministry is to testify about Jesus, in spite of the opposition, and to enable Christians testify about Jesus even as they face stiff opposition.

 

This will make the world experience the glorious life of God. As you go out today, know that even if the world is harsh to you, the Spirit of God is always present to help you witness the peace and blessings of Christ.

 

QUESTION: What is your reaction to the hostility of the world towards you?

 

PRAYER: Help me, dear Lord, to depend on the power of Your Spirit as I live my life, in Jesus name. Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment