Ads Here

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Sunday Divine Daily Manna

SUNDAY, 13 AUGUST 2023


TEXT: John 16:25-33


25. “I have told you these things in figurative language (veiled language, proverbs); the hour is now coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures of speech, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.


26. In that day you will ask in My name, and I am saying to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf [because it will be unnecessary];


27. for the Father Himself [tenderly] loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from the Father.


28. I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and going to the Father.”


29. His disciples said, “Ah, now You are speaking plainly to us and not in figures of speech!


30. Now we know that You know all things, and have no need for anyone to question You; because of this we believe [without any doubt] that you came from God.”


31. Jesus answered them, “Do you now [at last] believe?


32. Take careful notice: an hour is coming, and has arrived, when you will all be scattered, each to his own home, leaving Me alone, because the Father is with Me.


33. I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.]


(Amplified Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: THE LOVE OF THE FATHER


The last discourse between Jesus and His disciples, which started from John 13, contains a lot of issues about their future and, most especially, the Church that will come out of their ministry.


Jesus pointed out to them that they were connected to His Father because of the love they have for Him. Certainly, they will face challenges that will even make some believers desert Him.


But that does not negate the fact that, because the Father loves them, He will ultimately bring the much-needed peace into their hearts.


We must know that God’s love for us is not dependent on our experiences but on the love He has for us, no matter what we are passing through.


QUESTION: How do you feel whenever things are not going the way you desire?


PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to know that Your love is beyond my imagination and grant me the grace to trust You, no matter that is happening to me. Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment