Ads Here

Monday, August 14, 2023

Guide My Daily Steps With Your Daily Devotions

TUESDAY, 15 AUGUST 2023


TEXT: John 17:20-26


20. “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;


21. that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in , that the world may believe that You have sent Me.


22. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:


23. I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.


24. “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.


25. O righteousness Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me.


26. And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”


(New King James Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: GOD DESIRES UNITY FOR HIS CHURCH


God worked tirelessly to unite the groups of individuals who worked with Him while He was on earth. He wants everyone who has a relationship with Him to do the same.


Today, the Church is clearly divided along denominational and ethnic lines. Believers prefer to relate with members from the same denomination with them or those who belong to their ethnic groups.


This has given the devil an opening to use in destroying many Christians and hinder the Church from becoming the universal witness she is called to be.


Jesus, in today’s passage, prayed for those who become Christians through the ministry of the disciples to be united and remain as one in Him.


We must work and break the barriers that today’s Church has created so as to enjoy the unity Jesus established.


QUESTION: How are you contributing to the disunity in the body of Christ?


PRAYER: Help me, dear Lord, to work towards building the required unity in Your body and draw us closer to one another in Your body. Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment