Ads Here

Friday, February 24, 2023

Take A Meal Today With ECWA Daily Devotions

SATURDAY, 25 FEBRUARY 2023


TEXT: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10


1. It is necessary to boast; it is not helpful, but I will move on to visions and revelations of the Lord.


2. I know a man in Christ who was caught up into the third heaven 14 years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know; God knows.


3. I know that this man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows--


4. was caught up into paradise. He heard inexpressible words, which a man is now allowed to speak.


5. I will boast about this person, but not about myself, except of my weaknesses.


6. For if I want to boast, I will not be a fool, because I will be telling the truth. But I will spare you, so that no one can credit me with something beyond what he sees in me or hears from me,


7. especially because of the extraordinary revelations. Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to torment me so I would not exalt myself.


8. Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me.


9. But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me.


10. So because of Christ, I am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


(Holmans CS Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: WEAK BUT STRONG


Today’s topic is a play on words. Paul present himself as one who has reasons to boast through the many accomplishments he has had yet he is also humbled by certain physical weaknesses. The man who is presented as having been caught up to the third heaven where he hears inexpressible things is Paul himself.


We know in v. 7 where he presents the matter of a certain thorn in the flesh, which is given to him. In spite of his exploits of having been taken to heaven, Paul’s prayer for this thorn to be taken away is not answered according to his expectation.


God’s grace is said to be sufficient for him. In the weakness of this thorn in Paul’s flesh, he is made strong in God’s grace! We all have a tendency to boast. God cannot be glorified in our boasting. He, therefore, sets our reasons for boasting aside and renders us weak so that He can get His work done without us thinking that we did it.


Maybe you are passing through an experience like this in your life. If so, learn from Paul.


QUESTION: What “thorn” do you have in your flesh?


PRAYER: Humble me, dear Lord and in my humility use me for Your glory. Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment