Ads Here

Monday, October 17, 2022

Start A Day With Our Daily Devotion

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2022


TEXT: Philippians 1:1-11


1. Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:


2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


3. I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,


4. always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy,


5. thankful for your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.


6. And I am sure that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.


7. It is right for me to feel thus about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel.


8. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus.


9. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,


10. so that you may approve what is excellent, and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,


11. filled with the fruits of righteousness which come through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.


(Revised Standard Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: PRAYER AND THANKSGIVING


The church in Philippi occupied a special place in the life and ministry of Paul.


In these opening verses, after his opening greetings, Paul expressed his gratitude to God on behalf of the brethren. He said that they were partners with him in the grace and mercy of God and also in his ministry.


He expressed confidence in their continued partnership of sharing the message of salvation. He prayed that their love may overflow and grow in their knowledge and understanding of the Lord Jesus Christ through a personal and daily walk with Him.


He also prayed that they may live pure and righteousness lives till the Lord Jesus Christ returns. As Christians, we must display our hope in Christ through the quality of life we live. This quality of our life should draw out praise and prayer from the church and also serve as a living testimony to the unbeliever watching us.


QUESTION: How do you feel whenever God’s name is praised because of your life?


PRAYER: Jesus, I come to You for power and grace in order to live the righteous life You demand of me so that You will be praised, Amen.



Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment