Ads Here

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

ECWA Daily Manna Food for the Day

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2022


TEXT: Philippians 1:12-18


12. For indeed I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a [direct] revelation of Jesus Christ.


13. You have heard of my career and former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to hunt down and persecute the church of God extensively and [with fanatical zeal] tried [my best] to destroy it.


14. And [you have heard how] I surpassed many of my contemporaries among my countrymen in [my advanced study of the laws of] Judaism, as I was extremely loyal to the traditions of my ancestors.


15. But when God, who had chosen me and set me apart before I was born, and called me through His grace, was pleased.


16. to revealed His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles [as the good news-the way of salvation], I did not immediately consult with anyone [for guidance regarding God’s call and His revelation to me].


17. Nor did I [even] go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia and stayed awhile, and afterward returned once more to Damascus.


18. Then three years later I did go up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas (Peter), and I stayed with him fifteen days.


(Amplified Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: WHY PAUL REJOICED


Paul was in prison and lost the freedom to do ministry as usual. Those who threw him in prison might have thought that it would mark the end of his ministry and discourage all his disciples from continuing with the new life they had found in Christ.


Instead, the opposite was the result. Paul testified that his imprisonment had, rather, helped to spread the gospel! Even the prison guards acknowledged his faith and by this shared the gospel.


He also noted that this imprisonment had given the believers the confidence to stand strong in faith and spread the gospel message without fear. But there were others who thought that they could add to Paul’s hardship by pretending to spread the gospel message.


Nevertheless, Paul rejoiced because the name of Christ was being preached. We should resolve to stand strong in faith, no matter the difficult times we are facing. This will certainly encourage many believers to be strong too.


QUESTION: As a Christian, how have you encourage other believers to stand strong in spite of their difficult struggles?


PRAYER: I don’t know what difficulties are ahead for me, but, Jesus, please help me to stand like Paul in order that I may encourage others, Amen.



Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment