Ads Here

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Free Daily Manna ECWA Food for the Day

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2022


TEXT: Philippians 1:19-30


19. because I know this will lead to my deliverance through your prayers and help from the Spirit of Jesus Christ.


20. My eager expectations and hope is that I will not be ashamed about anything, but that now as always, with all boldness, Christ will be highly honored in my body, whether by life or by death.


21. For me, living is Christ and dying is gain.


22. Now if I live on in the flesh, this means fruitful work for me; and I don’t know which one I should choose.


23. I am pressured by both. I have the desire to depart and be with Christ- which is far better-


24. but to remain in the flesh is more necessary for you.


25. Since I am persuaded of this, I know that I will remain and continue with all of you for your advancement and joy in the faith,


26. so that, because of me, your confidence may grow in Christ Jesus when I come to you again.


27. Just one thing: live your life in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or am absent, I will hear about you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind, working side by side for the faith of the gospel,


28. not being frightened in any way by your opponents. This is evidence of their destruction, but of your deliverance- and this is from God.


29. For it has been given to you on Christ’s behalf not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him,


30. having the same struggle that you saw I had and now hear about me.


(Holmans CS Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: THE PRIVILEGE OF SUFFERING FOR CHRIST


The Roman rulers imprisoned Paul because he professed and preached hat there is no other name by which man can be saved except Jesus Christ. Rather than been discouraged and live his life in self-pity, Paul continued with his ministry and wrote encouraging and inspiring words to the church in Philippi. He prayed that he “will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.”


He considered it a privilege to suffer for Christ in view of the salvation he received by grace. No wonder, he saw himself as an instrument for the glory of his Redeemer. Paul insisted that, for him, “to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” With these words, he called on Christians to conduct themselves in a manner worthy of the gospel.


No suffering is big enough to stop us from following Christ. Make up your mind to follow Jesus, especially in these difficult and tough days.


QUESTION: How would you respond today if you are tortured and imprisoned because of your faith in Christ?


PRAYER: While I ask for courage to remain strong and steadfast, please extend Your grace and mercy to those who are undergoing the same suffering as me, in Jesus name, Amen.



Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment