Ads Here

Thursday, September 8, 2022

What Scripture Says Trust in the Lord?

In this article, we will be discussing about trust in the Lord. When you trust in the Lord, you will be confident in doing so many things without fear or favor.


It is good to trust in God and not man. When we trust in man, we can fail, but when we trust in the Lord, there is no fear and doubt about that.


Romans 8:15 says, “For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, ‘Abba, Father!’” Holmans CS Holy Bible. As believer in Christ, we are not to fear. When approached by fear, always trust in the Lord He will see through.


Anything we want to do, we should always trust in the Lord and He can do everything for us. The Lord is our helper whom should we fear? No one.


If you want to marry, trust in the Lord. If you are seeking for admission, also trust in the Lord, He is the one that will give you admission without any condition attached to it. Likewise, if you want to marry, in fact, everything you need, always trust in the Lord He will do it for you as far as you trust in Him and give Him everything and make Him in charge of your life.


You Can Read: Bible Quiz for the Year


The Bible also made us to understand that, “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence indeed is the LORD.” Holmans CS Holy Bible.


Now, what does it mean to trust in the Lord?


Here are some Scriptures that says about trust in the Lord to strengthen our faith and confidence that it is ONLY God that we can trust and not man. Read these Scriptures meditatively for our day-to-day activities to guide us not to trust any other things except Christ our Savior.


Note: That every Scriptures here are from Holmans CS Holy Bible, except otherwise and the reference will be made available after the verse.


Genesis 28:15 – Look, I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go. I will bring you back to this land, for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.


Exodus 18:21 – But you should select from all the people able men, God-fearing, trustworthy, and hating bribes. Place [them] over the people as officials of thousands, hundreds, fifties, and tens.


Numbers 23:19 – God is not a man who lies, or a son of man who changes His mind. Does He speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?


Joshua 1:9 – Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.


Job 31:24 – If I placed my confidence in gold or called fine gold my trust.


Psalm 9:10 – Those who know Your name trust in You because You have not abandoned those who seek You, LORD.


Psalm 13:5 – But I have trusted in Your faithful love; my heart will rejoice in Your deliverance.


Psalm 16:1 – Protect me, God, for I take refuge in You.


Psalm 20:7 – Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. NIV


Psalm 22:4-5

Verse 4 – Our fathers trusted in You; they trusted, and You rescued them.

Verse 5 – They cried to You and were set free; they trusted in You and were not disgraced.


Psalm 25:2 – My God, I trust in You. Do not let me be disgraced; do not let my enemies gloat over me.


Psalm 27:3, 13

Verse 3 – Though an army deploy against me, my heart is not afraid; though war break out against me, still I am confident.

Verse 13 – I am certain that I will see the LORD’s goodness in the land of the living.


Psalm 28:7 – The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices, and I praise Him with my song.


Psalm 31:19 – How great is Your goodness that You have stored up for those who fear You, and accomplished in the sight of everyone for those who take refuge in You.


Psalm 32:10 – Many pains come to the wicked, but the one who trusts in the LORD will have faithful love surrounding him.


Psalm 33:22 – May your faithful love rest on us, LORD, for we put our hope in You.


Psalm 37:3, 5-6

Verse 3 – Trust in the LORD and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely.

Verse 5 – Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act,

Verse 6 – making your righteousness shine like the dawn, your justice like the noonday.


Psalm 56:3, 4

Verse 3 – When I am afraid, I will trust in You.

Verse 4 – In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not fear. What can man do to me?


Psalm 62:8 – Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is our refuge. Selah


Psalm 73:25 – Whom do I have in heaven but You? And I desire nothing on earth but You.


Psalm 91:1-2

Verse 1 – The one who lives under the protection of the Most High dwells in the shadow of the Almighty.

Verse 2 – I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”


Psalm 111:7 – The works of His hands are truth and justice; all His instructions are trustworthy.


Psalm 112:7 – He will not fear bad news; his heart is confident, trusting in the LORD.


Psalm 118:8-9

Verse 8 – It is better to take refuge in the LORD than trust in man.

Verse 9 - It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in nobles.


Psalm 119:160 – The entirety of Your word is truth, and all Your righteous judgments endure forever.


Psalm 121:2 – My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.


Psalm 143:8 – Let me experience Your faithful love in the morning, for I trust in You. Reveal to me the way I should go, because I long for You.


Psalm 145:18 – The LORD is near all who call out to Him, all who call out to Him in integrity.


Psalm 146:3 – Do not trust in nobles, in man, who cannot save.


Proverbs 3:5-6

Verse 6 – Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding;

Verse 6 - think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.


Proverbs 11:13, 28

Verse 13 – A gossip goes around revealing a secret, but the trustworthy keeps a confidence.

Verse 28 – Anyone trusting in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like foliage.


Proverbs 12:17, 19

Verse 17 – Whoever speaks the truth declares what is right, but a false witness, deceit.

Verse 19 – Trustful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue, only a moment.


Proverbs 16:20 – The one who understands a matter finds success, and the one who trusts in the LORD will be happy.


Proverbs 29:25 – The fear of man is a snare, but the one who trusts in the LORD is protected.


Isaiah 12:2 – Indeed, God is my salvation. I will trust [Him] and not be afraid. Because Yah, the LORD, is my strength and my song, is my strength and my song, He has become my salvation.


Isaiah 26:3-4

Verse 3 – You will keep in perfect peace the mind [that is] dependent [on You], for it is trusting in You.

Verse 4 – Trust in the LORD forever, because in Yah, the LORD, is an everlasting rock!


Isaiah 41:10 – Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.


Isaiah 54:10 – Though the mountains move and the hills shake, My love will not be removed from you and My covenant of peace will not be shaken, says your compassionate LORD.


Jeremiah 7:8 – [But] look, you keep trusting in deceitful words that cannot help.


Jeremiah 17:7-8

Verse 7 – Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence indeed is the LORD.

Verse 8 – He will be like a tree planted by water: it send its roots out toward a stream, it doesn’t fear when heat comes, and its foliage remains green. It will not worry in a year of drought or cease producing fruit.


Micah 7:5 – Do not rely on a friend; don’t trust in a close companion. Seal your mouth from the woman who lies in your arms.


Nahum 1:7 – The LORD is good, a stronghold in a day of distress; He cares for those who take refuge in Him.


Zechariah 8:16-17, 19

Verse 16 – These are the things you must do: Speak truth to one another; render honest and peaceful judgments in your gates.

Verse 17 – Do not plot evil in your hearts against your neighbor, and do not love perjury, for I hate all this – the LORD’s declaration.

Verse 19 – “The LORD of hosts says this: The fast of the fourth [month], the fast of the fifth, the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth will become times of joy, gladness, and cheerful festivals for the house of Judah. Therefore, love truth and peace.”


Matthew 6:26 – Look at the birds of the sky: they don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they?


Matthew 17:20 – “Because of your little faith,” He told them. “For I assure you: If you have faith the size of mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’”


Matthew 21:21-22

Verse 21 – Jesus answered them, “I assure you: If you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you tell this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ it will be done.

Verse 22 - And if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”


Mark 5:36 – But when Jesus overheard what was said, He told the synagogue leader, “Don’t be afraid. Only believe.”


Mark 11:23 – I assure you: If anyone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea’, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.


Luke 16:11 – So if you have not been faithful with the unrighteous money, who will trust you with what is genuine?


John 14:1, 6

Verse 1 – “Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me.”

Verse 6 – Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one come to the Father except through Me.”


John 17:17 – Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth.


Romans 8:15, 28

Verse 15 – For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father!”

Verse 28 – We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God; those who are called according to His purpose.


1 Corinthians 13:6 – finds no joy in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth;


Ephesians 4:15, 25

Verse 15 – But speaking the truth in love, let us grow in every way into Him who is the head- Christ.

Verse 25 – Since you put away lying, speak the truth, each one to his neighbor, because we are members of one another.


1 Timothy 1:15 – This saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”- and I am the worst of them.


2 Timothy 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.


2 Timothy 4:18 – The Lord will rescue me from every evil work and bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever! Amen.




Hebrews 3:6, 14

Verse 6 – For Christ was faithful as a Son over His household, whose household we are if we hold on to the courage and the confidence of our hope.

Verse 14 – For we have become companions of the Messiah if we hold firmly until the end the reality that we had at the start.


Hebrews 11:11 – By faith even Sarah herself, when she was barren, received power to conceive offspring, even though she was past the age, since she considered that the One who had promised was faithful.


1 Peter 5:7 – casting all your care upon Him, because He cares about you.


1 John 2:28 – So now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears we may have boldness and not be ashamed before Him at the His coming.


You Can Also Read: Our 2022 Daily Devotional


You see, trusting God in all that you do. When God is with you, no one can be against you. So why do we fear a mere mortal? What can mere mortal do with us?


Reading the Bible always gives us assurance for His Word. We have confidence in Him all the way. We don’t afford to trust anyone at all. God is always our refuge, we can be take refuge in Him. So we need not to fear anyone and anything at all.


Hope this article keep us focus in always trusting our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And hope the article is helpful?

Keep visiting our Blog for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment