Ads Here

Friday, September 9, 2022

ECWA Short Free Daily Devotional

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2022


TEXT: John 6:41-51


41. Then the Jews leaders began grumbling about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”


42. They kept saying, “This is Jesus, the son of Joseph, isn’t it, whose father and mother we know? So how can he say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”


43. Jesus answered them, “Stop grumbling among yourselves.


44. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him to life on the last day.


45. It is written in the Prophets, ‘And all of them will be taught by God.’ Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned anything comes to me.


46. Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who comes from God. This one has seen the Father.


47. Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, the one who believes in me has eternal life.


48. I’m the bread of life.


49. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness and died.


50. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that a person may eat it and not die.


51. I’m the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats this bread, he’ll live forever. And the bread I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”


(International Standard Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: MAN MUST EAT THE BREAD OF LIFE TO LIVE FOREVER


Lack of understanding spiritual matters makes many stumble and grumble about the person of Jesus. The Jews’ limited knowledge about the personality of Jesus made them grumble when He declared: “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” His flesh is offered for man to eat for eternal living (vs. 50, 52).


The Jews were blind to Jesus’ divine nature, even as He charged them, “Stop grumbling among yourselves, for no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day” (vs. 43, 44). This reference to salvation that involves the Father’s participation in drawing man, through the Holy Spirit, to receive Christ.


QUESTION: Have you been drawn by God to Christ in salvation and feeding daily on the living Bread?


PRAYER: Grant me, O Lord, the grace to feed daily on the Bread of life that Jesus represents, Amen.



Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment