Ads Here

Monday, July 11, 2022

Our Today's Daily Devotional for MONDAY, JULY 11, 2022

MONDAY, JULY 11, 2022


TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13:8-13


8. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues; they will stilled; where there are knowledge, it will pass away.


9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,


10. but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.


11. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, ii reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.


12. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.


13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


(New International Version)


TOPIC: LOVE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL AND ETERNAL


Love, among all other gifts, is eternal and the greatest of all as it “never fails” (v. 8). The gifts referred to in v. 8 were much valued by the Corinthian Christians just as many do today. But they are like knowing the grace of God in part.


But when we understand the depth of God’s love in the giving of Christ, then our knowledge is complete and perfect (vs. 9-11). We may then know how to exercise other gifts in love; not for selfishness but for the edification of the Church and for God’s glory.


Other spiritual gifts are temporal and meant to building up the body of Christ but allowing love to be the regulating guide makes our relevance eternal (vs. 12, 13). We know how God gave us salvation through unmerited favour of love. Working and walking in pride are childish and must be put away from believers in Christ.


Maturity is manifested in an attitude of love and shows respect to other members of the body as the equally make use of their gifts in the church. Seek that which lasts forever and “does not parade itself nor puff up” (v. 4).


QUESTION: IS there any element of pride in you because of the special ability the Holy Spirit has given you?


PRAYER: Oh Lord, may I always seek to serve You in love as I use Your gracious gift upon my life for the growth of Your Church, in Jesus name, Amen.

Remain Blessed                                 

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment