Ads Here

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Short Daily Devotional for Today SUNDAY, JULY 10, 2022

SUNDAY, JULY 10, 2022


TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13:1-7


1. THOUGH I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.


2. And though I have not the gift of prophecy, and understanding all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.


3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profit me nothing.


4. Charity suffers long, and is kind; charity envies not; charity vaunts not itself, is not puff up.


5. Does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil;


6. Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;


7. Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.


(King James Version Easy Reading Holy Bible)


TOPIC: THE UNIQUENESS IF BIBLICAL LOVE


The word ‘love’ has been defined so subjectively that has made it lose its real meaning.


Love is every abstract unless it’s qualified by actions but such actions are too often premised on conditions which make it differ from the Biblical teaching of Paul. He made the Church realize that, as much as spiritual gifts are important in building the Church, it will amount to nothing if they are not exercised with love.


In vs. 1-3, we notice his advice on the importance of serving the body of Christ with our various gifts. Many believers exhibit spiritual superiority to others in the exercise of spiritual gifts to draw attention to themselves.


Paul used a common expression for such false claims when he said, “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I have become a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal” (verse 1). The issue of speaking in ‘tongues’ usually leads to much argument or controversies in many churches. Some make a big doctrine out of it as if it’s a prerequisite for salvation.


But Paul said that it amounts to noise making without meaning or benefits to the church if not exercised in love. The characteristics of love are clearly stated in vs. 4-7. It therefore means that any use of spiritual gifts without love is useless.


Whatever we do in or out of the church must be to God’s glory.


QUESTION: How do you use your gift from the Holy Spirit?


PRAYER: Dear Lord, give me the grace to use any gift given to me for the progress of Your Church, in Jesus name, Amen.

Remain Blessed                                 

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment