Ads Here

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Daily Devotions Our Spiritual Food For The Day

TUESDAY, 14 MARCH 2023


TEXT: Jeremiah 7:1-15


1. The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord:


2. Stand in the gate of the Lord’s house, and proclaim there this word, and say, Hear the word of the Lord, all you people of Judah, you that enter these gates to worship the Lord.


3. Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Amend your ways and your doings, and let me dwell with you in this place.


4. Do not trust in these deceptive words: “This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord.”


5. For if you truly amend your ways and your doings, if you truly act justly one with another,


6. if you do not oppress the alien, the orphan, and the widow, or shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not go after other gods to your own hurt,


7. then I will dwell with you in this place, in the land that I gave of old to your ancestors forever and ever.


8. Here you are, trusting in deceptive words to no avail.


9. Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, make offerings to Baal, and go after other gods that you have not known,


10. and then come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, “We are safe!”-only to go on doing all these abominations?


11. Has this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your sight? You know, I too am watching, says the Lord.


12. Go now to my place that was in Shiloh, where I made my name dwell at first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.


13. And now, because you have done all these things, says the Lord, and when I spoke to you persistently, you did not listen, and when I called you, you did not answer,


14. therefore I will do to the house that is called by name, in which you trust, and to the place that I gave to you and to your ancestors, just what I did to Shiloh.


15. And I will cast you out of my sight, just as I cast out all your kinsfolk, all the offspring of Ephraim.


(New Revised Standard Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: GIVING GOD 100% OF YOURSELF


It’s so easy for church members to slide into religious practices that are far from the true Biblical religion. Several reasons often lead to this, among which is choosing to follow your heart rather than the teaching of the Word of God.


When my heart is allowed to control my life, the tendency is to gratify the desires of the flesh which will surely make me a slave to sin. This is then likely followed by a desire to follow man-made doctrines and counsel.


This was the problem with the inhabitants of Jerusalem who chose to follow their hearts and invariably turned away from God. This made them prefer the deceit of false prophets who insisted it would be well when in truth they were already in deep trouble.


The Babylonian invaders were almost upon them. They deceived themselves into believing that it is possible ‘to eat my cake and still have it’, so to say. Jesus clearly stated that it is impossible to serve God and mammon or two masters.


Nobody can eat from the devil’s table and at the same time expect blessings from the Lord’s table. True Biblical religion means giving Good 100% of yourself, holding noting back.


QUESTION: Is there any part of your life that you are holding back from God?


PRAYER: I surrender all of myself to You, dear Lord Jesus, so help me never to turn back. Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment