Ads Here

Monday, November 21, 2022

Short Daily Devotionals

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2022


TEXT: Isaiah 54:1-10


1. “Sing, O childless woman, you have never given birth! Break into loud and joyful song, O Jerusalem, you have never been in labor. For the desolate woman now has more children than the woman who lives with her husband,” says the Lord.


2. “Enlarge your house; build an addition. Spread out your home, and spare no expense!


3. For you will soon be bursting at the seams. Your descendants will occupy other nations and resettle the ruined cities.


4. “Fear not; you will no longer live in shame. Don’t be afraid; there is no more disgrace for you. You will no longer remember the shame of your youth and the sorrows of widowhood.


5. For your Creator will be your husband; the Lord of Heaven’s Armies is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, the God of all the earth.


6. For the Lord has called you back from your grief- as though you were a young wife abandoned by her husband,” says your God.


7. “For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with compassion I will take you back.


8. In a burst of anger I turned my face away for a little while. But with everlasting love I will have compassion on you,” says the Lord, your Redeemer.


9. “Just as I swore in the time of Noah that I would never again let a flood cover the earth, so now I swear that I will never again be angry and punish you.


10. For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken,” says the Lord, who has mercy on you.


(New Living Translation Holy Bible)


TOPIC: THE BARREN SHALL SING


The word ‘barren’ in this text portrays the difficulty people (Israel) go through. But the faithful God is the assurance that the ‘barren’ shall sing again.


Barrenness in Israel and in our society today is considered a shameful thing for any woman. So, God uses the experience of a barren woman, who spends a lot of time weeping to God to respond to her pain of childlessness, as an example here.


It is a known fact that God’s promises shall ultimately be established (v. 1). Therefore, we should be ready to experience plenty (vs. 2-3) and rest assured that God will help the barren woman to have children.


There should be no fear and doubt because the mourning shall soon cease. Even though God had abandoned Israel, it is just for a moment because God will bring them back as a young wife was brought back by her husband (vs. 4-10).


QUESTION: Are you discouraged and feeling that you have come to the end of the road because of the hard and tough situation you are going through?


PRAYER: Oh Lord God, my trust is in You, I am encouraged by Your faithfulness to Your Word and promises. I am waiting for my breakthrough, blessings and miracles, in Christ’s name, Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment