Ads Here

Friday, August 19, 2022

What Bible Says About Favor?

How Does God Give Favor?

For God to give you favor or to favor you, first of all, you have to believe that God exist and Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He came into the world to for our sins. In short, you have to believe that: Jesus came into the world preach, suffer, died on the cross, resurrected on the third day, and ascended to heaven and surely He is coming back to take His own.


If you have that in mind, then all your believe, trust, hope, confidence is in Him. Christ knows how He assess how to give human being favor. But when you only fear and trust Him in everything, He will not laid you down.


Also Read: What Is A Bible Quiz?


Favor in general term is one of the things human being is looking for all these while. You might be expecting something from someone either your relative, friends or associates.


As a believer, we know that either of the aforementioned above, comes from God and Him alone. If God favor, He favor you through man. So believer believed that there’s nothing that I have that was given to me from God.


In this article, we will be talking of God’s favor upon man. When God looked at you with favor, you will see a turnaround on whatever you are doing.  This article will also encourage us to keep hope alive with God. Because His favor supersede any other favor. He favor man without looking back. So, let always do what will make God looked at us with favor.


Note that: All Bible verses here in this post are from New International Version (NIV) Holy Bible. In case any verse is quoted from another version, the version will be added after the verse. Any verse that is not given, then it NIV.


See that God looked at Abel’s sacrifice with favor in Genesis 4:4 against Cain. Also, God answer Nehemiah’s prayer to grant him favor from King Artaxerxes when he was only a cupbearer to the king, in Nehemiah 1:11.


There are many verses in this blog post to strengthen our faith in God and to know that God’s favor is the only thing we need in our life, profession, day-to-day activities, in our work, in whatever we find ourselves doing. We pray with God will continue to look at our services, our sacrifices and everything we do with favor, Amen.


Now, let look at some of the Bible verses that talked about favor, especially from God.


1. Genesis 4:4 – But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering.


2. Genesis 6:8 – But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.


3. Genesis 18:3 – He said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord, do not pass your servant by.”


4. Genesis 19:19 – Your servant has found favor in your eyes, and you have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die.


5. Genesis 26:3, 24

Verse 3 – Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham.

Verse 24 – That night the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.”


6. Genesis 39:4, 21

Verse 4 – Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.

Verse 21 – the LORD was with him; he showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden.


7. Exodus 3:21 – “And I will make the Egyptians favorably disposed toward this people, so that when you leave you will not go empty-handed.”


8. Exodus 12:36 – The LORD hade made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and they gave them what they asked for; so they plundered the Egyptians.


9. Exodus 33:12, 13

Verse 12 – Moses said to the LORD, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’

Verse 13 – If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”


10. Judges 6:17 - Gideon replied, “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me.”


11. Ruth 2:10 – At this, she bowed down with face to the ground. She exclaimed, “Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me-a foreigner?”


12. 1 Samuel 2:26 – And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with men.


13. 1 Samuel 16:22 – And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, “Let David remain in my service, for he has found favor in my sight.” (English Standard Version Holy Bible).


14. Ezra 7:6 – this Ezra came up from Babylon. He was a teacher well versed in the Law of the Moses, which the LORD, the God of Israel, had given. The king had granted him everything he asked, for the hand of the LORD his God was on him.


15. Nehemiah 1:11 – O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man. I was cupbearer to the king.


16. Nehemiah 2:5 – and I answered the king, “If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my fathers are buried so that I can rebuild it.”


17. Nehemiah 5:19 – Remember me with favor, O my God, for all I have done for these people.


18. Esther 2:9, 17

Verse 9 – The girl pleased him and won his favor. Immediately he provided her with her beauty treatments and special food. He assigned to her seven maids selected from the king’s palace and moved her and her maids into the best place in the harem.

Verse 17 – Now the king was attracted to Esther more than to any of the other women, and she won his favor and approval more than any of the royal virgins. So he set a royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.


19. Esther 5:8 – If the king regards me with favor and if it pleases the king to grant my petition and fulfill my request, let the king and Haman come tomorrow to the banquet I will prepare for them. Then I will answer the king’s question.


20. Job 11:19 – You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor.


You Can Read: What Is Daily Devotions Mean To You?


21. Psalm 5:12 - For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.


22. Psalm 20:3 – May he remember all your offerings, and regards with favor your burnt sacrifices. (New Revised Standard Version Holy Bible).


23. Psalm 30:5 – For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.


24. Psalm 67:1 – May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, Selah.


25. Psalm 69:13 – But I pray to you, O LORD, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation.


26. Psalm 84:11 – For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withheld from those whose walk is blameless.


27. Psalm 85:1 – You showed favor to your land, O LORD; you restored the fortunes of Jacob.


28. Psalm 86:17 – Show me a sign of your favor, that those who hate me may see and be put to shame because you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me. (English Standard Version Holy Bible).


29. Psalm 89:17 – For you are their glory and strength, and your favor you exalt our horn.


30. Psalm 90:17 – May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes, establish the work of our hands.


31. Psalm 101:6 – I will look with favor on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; he who walks in the way that is blameless shall minister to me.


32. Psalm 102:13 – You will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favor to her; the appointed time has come.


33. Psalm 106:4 – Remember me, O LORD, when you show favor to your people, come to my aid when you save them,


34. Proverbs 3:4, 34

Verse 4 – Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.

Verse 34 – He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.


35. Proverbs 11:27 – He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him. (King James Version Holy Bible)


36. Proverbs 12:2 ­– A good man obtains favor from the LORD, but the LORD condemns a crafty man.


37. Proverbs 13:15 – Good understanding wins favor, but the way of the unfaithful is hard.


38. Proverbs 14:35 – The king’s favor is toward a wise and discreet servant, but his wrath is against him who does shamefully. (Amplified Version Holy Bible)


39. Proverbs 16:15 – When a king’s face brightens, it means life; his favor is like a rain cloud in spring.


40. Proverbs 18:22 – He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.


41. Proverbs 19:6, 12

Verse 6 – Many curry favor with a ruler, and everyone is the friend of a man who gives gifts.

Verse 12 – A king’s rage is like the roar of a lion, but his favor is like dew on the grass.


42. Proverbs 22:1 – A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold. (English Standard Version Holy Bible)


43. Proverbs 28:23 – Whoever rebukes a person will in the end gain favor rather than one who has a flattering tongue.


44. Proverbs 29:26 – Many seek the ruler’s favour; but every man’s judgment cometh from the Lord. (King James Version Holy Bible)


45. Proverbs 31:30 – Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. (King James Version Holy Bible)


46. Ecclesiastes 9:11 – I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.


47. Isaiah 49:8 – This is what the Lord said says: “In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritance.”


48. Isaiah 58:11 – The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.


49. Isaiah 60:10 – “Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion.”


50. Jeremiah 31:2 – This is what the Lord says: “”The people who survive the sword will find favor in the wilderness; I will come to give rest to Israel.


51. Daniel 1:9 – Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel.


52. Matthew 5:8 – Blessed (happy, enviably fortune, and spiritually prosperous – possessing the happiness produced by the experience of God’s favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His grace, regardless of their outward conditions) are the pure in heart, for they shall see God! (Amplified Version Holy Bible)


53. Luke 1:30 – But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.”


54. Luke 2:14, 40, 52

Verse 14 – “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

Verse 40 – And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom. And the favor of God was upon him. (English Standard Version Holy Bible)

Verse 52 – And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.


55. Luke 4:19 – to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.


56. Acts 2:47 – praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.


57. Acts 7:10, 46

Verse 10 – and rescued him out of all his afflictions and gave him favor and wisdom before Pharaoh, king of Egypt, who made him ruler over Egypt and over all his household. (English Standard Version Holy Bible)

Verse 46 – who enjoyed God’s favor and asked that he might provide a dwelling place for the God of Jacob.


58. Galatians 1:10 – Now I am trying to win the favor of men, or of God? Do I seek to please men? If I were still seeking popularity with men, I should not be a bond servant of Christ (the Messiah). (Amplified Version Holy Bible)


59. Ephesians 2:9 – For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God; (Amplified Version Holy Bible)


60. 1 Peter 2:19 – For one is regarded favorably (is approved, acceptable, and thankworthy) if, as in the sight of God, he endures the pain of unjust suffering.





From the above verses, we understand that God favor is the overall favor. When there’s God’s favor in your life, there is turn around, healing, breakthrough, etc. as believers in Christ Jesus, what we are after is God’s grace to succeed in your field of study, profession, spiritual growth, etc.


Hope the above verses encourages us to always trust in God for favor and not man. When God favor you, you will not remain the same in every aspects of your life. Our Lord Jesus Christ, please always look at me with favor in all that I do, help me not to lose any of your favor because your favor understand is want I need in my life, Amen.


Hope this article is helpful? Keep visiting my Blog for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment