Ads Here

Saturday, March 19, 2022

SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2022 DEVOTION

SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2022


TEXT: John 17:20-26


20. “I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word,


21. that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.


22. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one,


23. I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.


24. Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.


25. “Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me.”


26. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”


(New Revised Standard Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: JESUS PRAYED FOR THE CHURCH


Have you care to pay close attention to the way Jesus prayed for Himself, His disciples and the Church? The major concern of Jesus for the church is oneness.


The word one is repeated three times in the passage. Lack of unity led to the collapsed of the early church with her headquarters in Africa (Alexandria) in Egypt.


Unfortunately, the church is still not adhering to the prayer of Jesus. While we give room to ethnicity, tribalism, nepotism, denomination affiliation, etc., Jesus had already prayed for our unity.


I imagine Christ still desiring to see the church trusting the Father for complete unity vs. 24. For this is the only way that the world will know that He is sent by the Father. It is clear that went we do not promote unity in diversity, the world doubts the role Christ played for our salvation.


QUESTION: How are you contributing towards the oneness in the body of Christ?


PRAYER: Daddy, forgive me for allowing the blood of relations to supersede the blood of oneness you shaded on the cross for the church, Amen.


 

Remain Blessed                                 

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment