Ads Here

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Anchored in Christ: Daily Devotional Thoughts

WEDNESDAY, 26 JUNE 2024

 

TEXT: Jonah 2:1-10

1. Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from inside the fish.

 

2. He said, “I cried out to the LORD in my great trouble, and he answered me. I called to you from the land of the dead, and LORD, you heard me!

 

3. You threw me into the ocean depths, and I sank down to the heart of the sea. The mighty waters engulfed me; I was buried beneath your wild and stormy waves.

 

4. Then I said, ‘O LORD, you have driven me from your presence. Yet I will look once more toward your holy Temple.’

 

5. “I sank beneath the waves, and the waters closed over me. Seaweed wrapped itself around my head.

 

6. I sank down to the very roots of the mountains. I was imprisoned in the earth, whose gates lock shut forever. But you, O LORD my God, snatched me from the jaws of death!

 

7. As my life was slipping away, I remembered the LORD. And my earnest prayer went to you in your holy Temple.

 

8. Those who worship false gods turn their backs on all God’s mercies.

 

9. But I will offer sacrifices to you with songs of praise, and I will fulfill all vows. For my salvation comes from the LORD alone.”

 

10. Then the LORD ordered the fish to spit Jonah out onto the beach.

 

(New Living Translation Holy Bible)

 

TOPIC: TOUGH LOVE FROM GOD

 

Some of our suffering and pain are caused by our choices which are sometimes wrong and sinful.

 

There are times when God unleashes suffering to teach us a lesson or bring us back to His purpose for us.

 

This is part of the love that God has for us, hence the expression "Love must be tough!"

 

As Jonah was conscious in the belly of the fish, he could explain how it felt to be in there.

 

God's intention in showing us His tough love is to bring us to repentance.

 

The next time you find yourself in a tough and painful situation, stop and look up to God to enable you understand what He is saying and where He is leading you.

 

QUESTION: What was your reaction the last time you found yourself in a very difficult and painful situation?

 

PRAYER: Help me, O Lord, to always listen to what You are saying to me in my moments of pain and despair, in Jesus name. Amen.

Remain Blessed      

ECWA Food For The Day, 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment