Ads Here

Monday, April 22, 2024

Daily Graces: Devotions for Thankful Living

MONDAY, 22 APRIL 2024

 

TEXT: I Corinthians 1:10-17

 

10: I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

 

11: My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you.

 

12: What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

 

13: Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

 

14: I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius,

 

15: so no one can say that you were baptized in my name.

 

16: (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.)

 

17: For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

 

(New International Version Holy Bible)

 

TOPIC: CONTENDING WITH THE FLESH

 

Even though Paul had praised the Corinthian church for being sanctified and not lacking in any spiritual gifts, there were divisions among members.

 

Problems that shouldn't be mentioned among saints but common among unbelievers, such as divisions, quarrels and party spirit were very rampant there.

 

Paul was so disturbed that he had to ask, "Is Christ divided?" The believers were still under the control of the flesh and living in the body of sin.

 

We are in constant battle with the body of flesh which causes quarrelling, divisions and disunity in the Church.

 

Because the contentions of the flesh come every day, we must put the flesh under the control of the Holy Spirit so that we may be the true living Church of Christ.

 

QUESTION: How can you help your local assembly to live according to Christ's calling unto holiness?

 

PRAYER: Let my life be a shining example of holiness and unity of the body of Christ in all I do and say, in Jesus name. Amen.

Remain Blessed      

ECWA Food For The Day, 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment