Ads Here

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Bible Verses About Mercy of God

In this blog post, I will be discussing about the mercy of God. Mercy of God is what every believer will always pray for God to have. And anything that will separate us from the mercy of God, it will lead to disaster. Though God show mercy to the one He wish to show mercy to, it does not depend on that person request only. No one can work to earn God’s mercy, but we can do things that will please Him so that we can obtain mercy from Him.


Also Read: Bible Quiz With Answers


All Scriptures in this post are from King James Version Easy Reading Holy Bible. Proverbs 28:13 says, “He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsake them shall have mercy.” If that is so, we don’t want to prosper? Then why are we doing things that drive away God’s mercy from us? Prayer, Lord Jesus, forgive all my sins, I don’t want to miss your mercies and prosperity, purge away anything that will drive away Your mercy from me, Amen.


Hope you say this prayer? It is only by His grace that we can overcome sins. Let pray with determination, because He judges the heart and thought of men. If we are sincere with our prayer, He’s in heaven. And He is ready and eager to forgive our sins by showing us His mercy.


As believer in Christ, we are not left unaware about what God has for us. Now, here are some Bible verses that talked about the Mercy of God. So, read the verses to the end, it will be of encouragement to us and it will strengthen our faith in Christ Jesus.


1. Exodus 33:19 – And he said, I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and will be gracious to whom I be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.


2. Nehemiah 9:31 – Nevertheless for Your great mercies’ sake You did not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for You are a gracious and merciful God.


3. Psalm 23:6 – Sure goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


4. Psalm 25:6-7

Verse 6 – Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindness; for they have been ever of old.

Verse 7 – Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to Your mercy remember You me for Your goodness sake, O LORD.


5. Psalm 40:11 – Withhold not You Your tender mercies form me, O LORD: let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.


6. Psalm 51:1-2

Verse 1 – Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness: according to the multitude of Your tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Verse 2 – Wash thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.


7. Psalm 90:17 – And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish You the work of our hands upon us: yea, the work of our hands establish You it.


8. Psalm 100:5 – For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endures to all generations.


9. Psalm 130:7 – Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption.


10. Proverbs 28:13 – He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsake them shall have mercy.


11. Isaiah 30:18 – And therefore will the LORD wait, that He may be gracious to you, and therefore will He be exalted, that He may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for Him.


12. Isaiah 55:7 – Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return to the LORD, and HE will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.


13. Micah 7:18 – Who is God like to You, that pardons iniquity, and passes by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He returns not His anger for ever, because He delights in mercy.


14. Matthew 9:13 – But to you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifices: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.


15. Matthew 18:21-22 – It is also regarded as forgiveness of sins.

Verse 21 – Then came Peter to Him, and said, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times?

Verse 22 – Jesus says to him, I say not to you. Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.


16. John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


17. Romans 9:15-16, 18

Verse 15 – For He says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion to whom I will have compassion. This is found in the Book of Exodus 33:19.

Verse 16 – So then it is not of him that wills, nor of him that runs, but of God that shows mercy.

Verse 18 – Therefore has He mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will He hardens.


18. Romans 12:1 – I BESEECH you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.


19. Ephesians 2:4-5

Verse 4 – But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us.

Verse 5 –Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened us together with Christ, (by grace you are saved:)


20. Hebrews 4:16 – Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.


You Can Read: Our Free Daily Devotional


These are some of the verse about mercy of God which as believers, will help strengthen our faith and hope with Christ Jesus with believe that He can do even more than we asked for.



Hope this post is helpful? Keep visiting my Blog for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment