Ads Here

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Bible Verses That Calls For Repentance (30 Verses)

In this article, I will be talking about repentance. As a believer, we are encouraged to live above sin. So, if you not yet accepted Jesus as Your personal Lord and Savior. You can do so by accepting Him into your life by confessing your sin without promise not to go back to it again with the help of Holy Spirit after you have determined in your heart to stop all forms of sin.


Also Read: Bible Verses About Hope


Just remember that, all the Scriptures in this post were reads and quoted from International standard Version Holy Bible.


1 John 1:8 says, “If we say that we do not have sin, we are deceiving ourselves and we’re not being truthful to ourselves.” Which means that no one is without sin.


But are we to keep sinning, no what we are expected to do is to repent! And confess our sin 1 John 1:9 says, “If we make it our habit to confess our sins, in his faithful righteousness he forgives us for those sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.”


We are to acknowledge our sins so that God will forgives us and cleanses us. It is possible to stay without sin. Staying without sin doesn’t mean that we have never sinned. It means that we can live above sin after we have acknowledge and forsake our former way of life that doesn’t glorify God. God knows that we are all sinners that is why He is a forgiving God. But with option that, when we confess our sins He is just to forgive us. Is there anything difficult there? No


1 John 1:10 says, If we say that we have never sinned, we make him a liar and his word has no place in us. Which means we are all sinners. But let use our mouth to confess our sins to God so that He can forgive us. And never to go back to the same sin again.


In this background, we have some Bible verses that encouraged us to confess our sins to God without relenting. Let us not say till tomorrow because tomorrow might be too late.


Here the Bible verses:

 

1. 2 Chronicles 30:9 – If you return to the LORD, your relatives and children will receive compassion from those who took them away captive, and they’ll return to this land, because the LORD is both gracious and compassionate- he will not turn away from you if you return to him.


2. 2 Chronicles 7:14 – When my people humble themselves – the ones who are called by my name-and pray, seek me, and turn away from their evil practices, I myself will listen from heaven, I will pardon their sins, and I will restore their land.


3. Psalm 32:5 – My sin I acknowledged to you: my iniquity I did not hide. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin!


4. Psalm 51:2-4

Verse 2. Wash me from my iniquity, cleanse me from my sin.

Verse 3. For I acknowledge my transgression; my sin remains continuously before me.

Verse 4. Against you, only you, have I sinned, and done what was evil in your sight. As a result, you are just in your pronouncement and clear in your judgment.


5. Proverbs 1:23 – Return to my correction! Look, I will pour out my spirit on you, and I will make my words known to you.


6. Proverbs 28:13 – Whoever hides his transgressions will not succeed, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will find mercy.


7. Ezekiel 18:32 – I don’t take pleasure in the death of anyone who dies, declares the LORD. “So repent, so you may live!”


8. Joel 2:13 – Tear your hearts, not your garments; and turn back to the LORD your God. For he is gracious and compassionate, slow to become angry, overflowing in gracious love, and grieves about this evil.


9. Zechariah 1:3 – So tell them, ‘This is what the LORD of the heavenly Armies says: “Return to me,” declares the LORD of the Heavenly Armies, “and I will return to you.”’


10. Matthew 3:8 – Produce fruit that is consistent with repentance!


11. Matthew 4:17 – From then on, Jesus began to announce, “Repent, because the kingdom from heaven is near!”

 

12. Matthew 9:13 – Go and learn what this means: ‘I want mercy and not sacrifice,’ because I did not come to call righteous people, but sinners.


13. Mark 1:15 – He said, “The time is now! The kingdom of God is near! Repent, and keep believing the gospel!”


14. Luke 5:32 – I have not come to call righteous people, but sinners, to repentance.


15. Luke 13:3 – Absolutely not, I tell you! But if you don’t repent, then you, too, will all die.


Read: Bible Quiz With Answers


16. Luke 15:7 – In the same way, I tell you that there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need to repent.


17. Luke 15:10, 17-19

Verse 10. In the same way, I tell you that there is joy in the presence of God’s angels over one sinner who repents.

Verse 17. “Then he came to his senses and said, ‘How many of my father’s hired men have more food than they can eat, and here I am starving to death!’”

Verse 18. I will get up, go to my father, and say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and you.

Verse 19. I don’t deserve to be called your son anymore. Treat me like one of your hired men.”


18. Luke 17:3-4

Verse 3. “Watch yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.

Verse 4. Even if he sins against you seven times in a day and comes back to you seven times and says, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.“


19. 1. John 15:16- “You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you. I have appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you.


20. Acts 2:38 – Peter answered them, “Every one of you must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the Holy Spirit as a gift.”


21. Acts 3:19-20

Verse 19. Therefore, repent and turn to him to have your sins blotted out,

Verse 20. so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord and so that he may send you Jesus, whom he appointed long ago to be the Messiah.


22. Acts 16:31-34

Verse 31. They answered, “Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you and your family will be saved.”

Verse 32. Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and everyone in his home.

Verse 33. At that hour of the night, he took them and washed their wounds. Then he and his entire family were baptized immediately.

Verse 34. He brought Paul and Silas upstairs into his house and set food before them. He was thrilled, as was his household, to believe in God.


23. Acts 17:30 – Though God has overlooked those times of ignorance, he now commands everyone everywhere to repent.

 

24. Romans 10:9-10

Verse 9. If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Verse 10. For one believes with his heart and is justified, and declares with his mouth and is saved.


25. 2 Corinthians 7:10 – For having sorrow in a godly way results in repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regrets. But the sorrow of the world produces death.


26. Hebrews 12:12-13

Verse 12. Therefore, strengthen your tired arms and your weak knees,

Verse 13. and strengthen the paths of your life, so that your lameness may not become worse, but instead may be healed.


27. James 4:8 – Come close to God, and he will come close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.


28. 2 Peter 3:9 – The Lord is not slow about his promise, as some people understand slowness, but is being patient with you. He does not want anyone to perish, but everyone to find room for repentance.


29. 1 John 1:9 – If we make it our habit to confess our sins, in his faithful righteousness he forgives us for those sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.


30. Revelation 3:19 – I correct and discipline those whom I love, so be serious and repent!


Repentance should be done and not stopping there, continue that the grace of God will keep you from sinning. Paul in his letter to Romans replies in Romans 6:1-2 –(1. What should we say, then? Should we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2. Of course not! How can we who died as far as sin is concerned go on living in it?).


Here is Daily Devotions for you


When we have acknowledged our sin through repentant, we should not repeat the same sin on and on again. That require commitment and the grace to abide by it.


Hope you are challenged by this article? Keep visiting my Blog for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment