Ads Here

Friday, August 2, 2024

Daily Encouragement: Uplifting Devotional Thoughts

SATURDAY, 3 AUGUST 2024

 

TEXT: Revelation 2:12-17

 

12. “And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, ‘These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:

 

13. “I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.

 

14. But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality.

 

15. Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

 

16. Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

 

17. “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”

 

(New Living Translation Holy Bible)

 

TOPIC: LIVING FOR GOD AMODST DEMONIC ACTIVITIES

 

Our society is saturated with different activities and teachings that seek to sway people from the purposes of God.

Members of the Church at Pegamum, according to today’s text, were living where Satan had his throne. And even though they remained true to His name, they got entangled in attitudes that led them to sin by idolatry, sexual immorality, etc.

Jesus had to ask them to repent or face His wrath. We need to know that, despite the fact that we are exposed to lots of challenges in our Christian living, God wants us to live lives that would honour Him.

 

QUESTION: Are you living an honourable life in the midst of the challenges of life?

 

PRAYER: Help me, dear Father, to respond adequately to You as I continue to live in this world which keeps on enticing me to do evil on a daily basis, in Jesus name. Amen.

Remain Blessed      

ECWA Food For The Day, 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment