Ads Here

Saturday, October 29, 2022

What Is Daily Devotion Mean?

Daily Devotion mean stay connected with God everyday by reading the Scriptures and Praying early in the morning. By doing so, you will be connected with our Lord Jesus Christ. When you read your daily devotion everyday, you will be cautious of your actions. Continue reading our daily devotion as we pray for the grace of God upon our lives to abide by the teaching of the Scripture, the Bible.


SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2022


TEXT: Nehemiah 2:1-10


1. And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, when wine was before him, that I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence.


2. And the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick? This is nothing else but sorrow of heart. Then I was very sore afraid.


3. And I said unto the king, Let the king live for ever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my father’s sepulchers, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?


4. Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven.


5. And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favor in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my father’s sepulchers, that I may build it.


6. And the king said unto me (the queen also sitting by him,) For how long shall thy journey be? And when wilt thou return? So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.


7. Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the River, that they may let me pass through till I come unto Judah;


8. and a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the castle which appertaineth to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.


9. Then I came to the governors beyond the River, and gave them the king’s letters. Now the king had sent with me captains of the army and horsemen.


10. And when Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, heard of it, it grieved them exceedingly, for that there was come a man to seek the welfare of the children of Israel.


(American Standard Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: NEHEMIAH SHARES HIS VISION


Chapter 1 of Nehemiah concludes with these words: “Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.”


Visions are meant to be shared because a team is required to run with them. Nehemiah at that time a “cup bearer to the king.” It means that his life was no longer under his control. However, he knew that he had to return to God who gave him the vision and seek for direction and opening for the actualization of the vision.


He placed his finger on what could be considered as both his obstacle and greatest resource for fulfilling this vision: the king’s support. As soon as the king noticed Nehemiah’s sad face, he wanted to know why. Nehemiah did not waste this precious opening with unnecessary commentary.


He clearly and simply presented the vision before the king without any fear and with great confidence and expectations. Notice the passion clearly displayed in is presentation.


This is what a true vision does to a leader. When your vision takes hold of you, you must move with the necessary momentum and those around you will be carried along by its force.


QUESTION: When was the last time you shared your vision with someone?


PRAYER: Ask God for wisdom and conviction to be able to share your vision with clarity.



Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment