Ads Here

Sunday, October 2, 2022

What is Daily Devotion ECWA Food for the Day?

ECWA Food for the Day is a daily devotions that is produce by Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) in their way to promote the Good News of Christ and to awaken Christian believers in Christ to always start our day with Christ by reading and praying daily. And that make it a daily devotion that's daily encounter with Christ as our Lord and Savior.


Check it and see a day for you to pass without you reading a portion of a Bible? That's why ECWA encourages believers to always start their day with Christ through this daily devotion popularly kmown as ECWA Food for the Day.


MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2022


TEXT: 1 Chronicles 28:1-8


1. David called together all the leaders of Israel – tribal administrators, heads of various governmental operations, military commanders and captains, stewards in charge of the property and livestock belonging to the king and his sons – everyone who held responsible positions in the kingdom.


2. King David stood tall and spoke: “Listen to me, my people: I fully intended to build a permanent structure for the Chest of the Covenant of God, God’s footstool. But when I got ready to built it,


3. God said to me, ‘You may not build a house to honor me – you’ve done too much fighting – killed too many people.’


4. God chose me out of my family to be king over Israel forever. First he chose Judah as the lead tribe, then he narrowed it down to my family, and finally he picked me from my father’s sons, pleased to make me the king over all Israel.


5. And then from all my sons – and God gave me many! – he chose my son Solomon to sit on the throne of God’s rule over Israel.


6. He went on to say, ‘Your son Solomon will build my house and my courts: I have chosen him to be my royal adopted son; and I will be to him a father.


7. I will guarantee that his kingdom will last if he continues to be as strong-minded in doing what I command and carrying out my decisions as he is doing now.’”


8. “And now, in this public place, al Israel looking on and God listening in, as God’s people, obey and study every last one of the commandments of your God so that you can make the most of living in this good land and pass it on intact to your children, insuring a good future.”


(The Message Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: DAVID’S FAREWELL SPEECH


Today’s scripture addresses three things from King David’s “farewell speech.” David was already old and getting closer to his death, so it was proper for him to present such a speech.


First, he presented the vision of building the Temple and by this sought their support to accomplish it.


Secondly, he celebrated God’s faithfulness and expression of grace upon his family, especially upon he himself. Here, David shows that it is God who reserves the right to use any human being to fulfill His purpose for humanity in every generation.


And, third, he sought for their support for Solomon to succeed in his reign; although this was also related to Solomon’s continued submission to obey the commands and regulations of God.


Godly leaders and parents are conscious of setting the right atmosphere for their followers and children to pursue organizational vision or godly family legacies.


QUESTION: When you are leaving, what will be your last words?


PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to celebrate Your grace upon my life now and always, in Jesus name, Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment