Ads Here

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16, 2022 DEVOTION

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16, 2022


TEXT: John 16:1-15


1. “I have told you these things so you will not be ashamed of Me and leave Me.


2. They will put you out of the places of worship. The time will come when anyone who kills you will think he is helping God.


3. They will do these things to you because they do not know the Father or Me.


4. “When these things happen, you will remember I told you they would happen. That is why I am telling about these things now. I did not tell you these things before, because I am with you.


5. But now I am going to Him Who sent Me. Yet known of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’


6. “Your hearts are full of sorrow because I am telling you these things.


7. I tell you the truth. It is better for you that I go away. If I do not go, the Helper will not come to you. If I go, I will send Him to you.


8. When the Helper comes, He will show the world the truth about sin. He will show the world about being right with God. And He will show the world what it is to be guilty.


9. He will show the world about sin, because they do not put their trust in Me.


10. He will show the about being right with God, because I go to My Father and you will see Me no more.


11. He will show the world what it is to be guilty because the leader of this world (Satan) is guilty.


12. “I still have many things to say to you. You are not strong enough to understand them now.


13. The Holy Spirit is coming. He will lead you into all truth. He will not speak His Own words. He will speak what He hears. He will tell you of things to come.


14. He will honor Me. He will receive what is Mine and will tell it to you.


15. Everything the Father has is Mine. That is why I say to you, ‘He will receive what is Mine and will tell it to you.’


(New Life Version Holy Bible)


TOPIC: OFFERING SERVICES TO GOD


Our quest for God is so high in Africa especially Nigeria that many assume that serving God is what we do using the way we feel about Him. This concept is becoming clearer each day when unbelievers take advantage of our belief in God by inflicting undue hardship and death using religion.


The putting one out of the synagogue presents the picture of excommunication from many social relationships. It is an act of marginalizing believers today in Nigeria. The consolation is that victims of herdsmen, bandits, Boko haram, kidnappers etc. needs to remember the warning in vs. 4.


In the midst of all these, we can distinguish sin from righteousness because of the presence of the Holy Spirit in us. In the midst of the undue hardships, we need to always look up to Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth and revealing the will of the Father to us.


QUESTION: What gives you encouragement in today’s devotion?


PRAYER: Father, we are not finding it fund any longer in Nigeria. We plead for more divine intervention over the predicaments we are going through as a church, Amen.


 

Remain Blessed                                 

ECWA Food For The Day, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment