Ads Here

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Finding Peace in His Word: Daily Readings

FRIDAY, 4 OCTOBER 2024

 

TEXT: John 12:27-36

 

27. “Now my soul is deeply troubled. Should I pray, ‘Father, save me from this hour?’? But this is the very reason I came!

 

28. Father, bring glory to your name.” Then a voice spoke from heaven, saying, “I have already brought glory to my name, and I will do so again.”

 

29. When the crowd heard the voice, some thought it was thunder, while others declared an angel had spoken to him.

 

30. Then Jesus told them, “The voice was for your benefit, not mine.

 

31. The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out.

 

32. And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.”

 

33. He said this to indicate how he was going to die.

 

34. The crowd responded, “We understood from Scripture that the Messiah would live forever. How can you say the Son of Man will die? Just who is this Son of Man, anyway?”

 

35. Jesus replied, “My light will shine for you just a little longer. Walk in the light while you can, so the darkness will not overtake you. Those who walk in the darkness cannot see where they are going.

 

36. Put your trust in the light while there is stile time; then you will become children of the light.” After saying these things, Jesus went away and was hidden from them.

 

(New Living Translation Holy Bible)

 

TOPIC: FATHER, GLORIFY YOUR NAME

 

In today’s text, Jesus predicts His own death and warns about the danger of His followers loving this world more than the one to come.


He further emphasizes the need to continue following Him so that where he will be, we shall also be there with Him.


Today, we are challenged by the statement Jesus made and the heavens responded. Those present heard the voice from two perspectives. To some, the voice sounded like thunder. To others, it sounded like the words of an angel.


Jesus was the only one who understood that the voice was a response to His prayers. The voice was also for our benefit because everything that was said concerning His death and resurrection came to fulfilment towards the assurance of life after death.


Jesus drew us to Himself so that we should also draw others to Him.


QUESTION: How do you intend to have glorify God in your life today?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to understand the gravity of what You went through on the cross for my sake, in Jesus name. Amen.

Remain Blessed      

ECWA Food For The Day, 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment