Ads Here

Friday, November 10, 2023

Daily Reflections on Humility: Finding Grace in Service

FRIDAY, 10 NOVEMBER 2023

 

TEXT: John 12:44-50

 

44. But Jesus loudly declared, “The one who believes and trusts in Me does not believe [only] in Me but [also believes] in Him who sent Me.

 

45. And whoever sees Me sees the One who sent Me.

 

46. I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes and trusts in Me [as Savior-all those who anchor their hope in Me and rely on the truth of My message] will not continue to live in darkness.

47. If anyone hears My words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for did not come to judge and condemn the world [that is, to initiate the final judgment of the world], but to save the world.

 

48. Whoever rejects Me and refuses to accept My teachings, has one who judges him; the very word that I spoke will judge and condemn him on the last day.

 

49. For I have never spoken on My own initiatives or authority, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment regarding what to say and what to speak.

 

50. I know that His commandment is eternal life. So the things I speak, I speak [in accordance with His exact instruction,] just as the Father has told Me.”

 

(Amplified Version Holy Bible)

 

TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF REJECTING JESUS

 

Nations have ambassadors in other countries with which they have diplomatic relations. All of the respect a host nation has for another country is accorded its ambassador. Any maltreatment meted out to that diplomat amounts to an affront on the country he represents.

 

Therefore, in man's relationship with Jesus, believing in Jesus or rejecting Him would amount to rejecting the One that sent Him - God.

 

The world needs the light that Jesus embodies as He has declared that "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me shouldn't abide in darkness." Also, anyone who hears His word and does not believe shall be judged by the very Word they rejected. Be a friend of Jesus and, by extension, become a friend of God.

 

Jesus' speeches represent God's eternal messages for lighting the world's darkness. Failure to live by it attracts eternal judgement.

 

QUESTION: Have you settled all the doubts you had about the person of Jesus and Who He represents?

 

PRAYER: I reaffirm my faith in the Person of Jesus as God's representative and as my Lord and Saviour. So help me God. Amen.



 

Remain Blessed

ECWA Food For The Day, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment